ASICS Pace Team
The ASICS Pace Team is returning to the 2015 Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon/miniMarathonwith new energy and a group of runners who are experienced marathoners and pacers. Are you looking to complete your first marathon, trying to set a personal record, or qualify for Boston? We will help you achieve your goal and have fun doing it!
The ASICS Pace Team has seasoned pacers who believe in consistent pacing, are energetic and personable, and dedicated to making sure you have a great time on race day!
- Participation is free to all participants who sign up at the expo booth on 4/13/15 to 4/24/15.
- Complimentary Pace Bracelets will be available at the ASICS Pace Team booth. One bracelet per person. We will ask each pace participant to sign up for your pace group at the ASICS Pace Team booth.
- The 2015 ASICS Pace Team has pace groups for the following marathon times: 3:10, 3:20, 3:30, 3:40, 3:50, 4:00, 4:15, 4:30, 4:45, 5:00, 5:15, 5:30, and 5:45.
- Check back for information on the miniMarathon Pacers.
- The goal is that ASICS Pacers will be running “even splits,” which means that every mile will be run at approximately the same pace. Most of the pace groups will not be walking during the marathon. (Traditionally, the pace groups from 4:15 and slower will be walking during fluid stations and pace groups 5:00 to 5:45 may incorporate longer walk breaks during the marathon.)
- To meet up with the ASICS Pace Team on marathon day, look for them at the start, holding up signs with the pace group finishing times printed on them, and wearing ASICS Pace Team singlets. Try to meet up with your group twenty minutes before the start.
- Five or ten minutes before the start, your ASICS Pacer(s) will give their “start line instructions”. This will include any adjustments being made to the pace due to course conditions, as well as your ASICS Pacers’ method of meeting back up and keeping the group together at the fluid stations. This is another great opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have!
- Fluid station philosophy, regarding whether the ASICS Pacer will walk or run through it, is up to the Pacer(s). Each ASICS Pacer will let their team know their strategy for getting back together after a water stop. Traditionally, the pace groups from 4:15 and slower will be walking during fluid stations. Be sure to check with your ASICS Pacer at the expo booth or prior to the race if this is extremely important to you.
- We want you to run your own race. If you feel great on race day, and you want to go ahead to catch the next group, we’ll cheer you on. If it’s just not your day, slow down and wait for the next pace group behind to catch you. And if you want to just fall in and match strides with your ASICS pacer, we sure will appreciate the company! BEST OF LUCK and most importantly, ENJOY YOUR RACE!