There will be NO bags allowed on this year’s course. You will have the opportunity to leave all belongings at gear check located at Louisville Slugger Field. Camel Backs & Water Bags will be allowed.
Absolutely no participant is allowed on the course prior to 7:30 a.m. (EDT). Any participant on the racecourse before 7:30 a.m. will be disqualified and asked to leave the racecourse. The following are strictly prohibited at all times:
- Roller Skates (including in-line skate)
- Bicycles (including hand crank bicycles)
- Baby Strollers
- United States Track and Field Sanctioned Course and Event
- Boston Marathon Qualifying event
- Bicycles, Skateboards, Scooters, Baby Joggers, Strollers, Roller Skates and Roller Blades are not permitted on the course
- Headphones (Ipods, MP3 players, CDs, Tape Walkmans, Radios, etc.) are discouraged
- Fluid and Medical Stations are positioned along the race course
- Water and Powerade are offered at Fluid Stations
- Norton Sports Health Medical Stations along route
- Floyd and Preston; In Riverside Parking Lot again buildings west wall; 10 restrooms and 2 Handicap
- 65 restrooms lined along the east sidewalk of Jackson Street up against building; 65 restrooms lined along the west sidewalk of Hancock Street up against fence and concrete wall.
- 8 restrooms lined along the south side of Broadway; East of Rail road overpass
- 5 Restrooms lined at 4th and Kentucky (lined on the North Side of Kentucky); 5 restrooms lined at 3rd and Kentucky (lined on the south side of Kentucky)
- 4 Restrooms and 1 Handicap lined at 4th and Central Ave (lined on the North Side of Central Ave); 4 Restrooms and 1 handicap lined at 3rd and Central Ave (lined on the west side of 3rd street)
- 5 restrooms lined on Southern Parkway and Woodlawn (lined on the west side of Southern Parkway)
- 5 restrooms lined on Southern Parkway and Taylor Blvd (lined on the west side of Southern Parkway)
- 5 restrooms lined on Barrett Ave between Christy and Morton Ave. (Lined on Right side of road as you are going toward Eastern Parkway)
- 5 restrooms lined on Baxter Ave at Broadway (lined on Baxter Ave after Broadway)
- 15 restrooms and 1 Handicap lined on grass at Waterfront (North of I-64 Overpass) and 1 restroom and 1 handicap at Preston and Witherspoon.
- 3 restrooms at 4th and Industry (lined on east side of 4th street) and 3 restrooms at 3rd and Eastern Parkway (west side of 3rd Street)
- 2 restrooms at Southern Parkway and Ashland Ave (lined west side of Southern Parkway) and 2 restrooms at Southern Parkway and Wellington (lined on the east side of Southern Parkway)
NOTE: Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon & miniMarathon race officials have the right to disqualify or remove from the course any participant whose activity violates any condition set forth or who poses any potential harm to himself/herself or any other participant. Maximum time limit is 6:00:00 (6 hours).
2014 Course Certifications
Marathon (26.2 miles): USATF KY10002MS
- Marathon is a BOSTON QUALIFIER miniMarathon (13.1 miles): USATF KY10001MS