The Kentucky Derby Festival is seeking influential, runners and walkers from around the region to represent the 2020 Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon & miniMarathon as official Race Ambassadors.
These Ambassadors will help KDF keep our runners and walkers informed, inspired and motivated during the months leading up to the race. Applications must be submitted by September 1, 2019 at midnight, to be considered.
The Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon/miniMarathon Race Ambassador Team is built of runners and walkers who are part of an amazing group who are proactive in pushing a healthy lifestyle message to all local and regional groups and organizations. These Ambassadors help KDF keep our runners and walkers informed, inspired and motivated during the months leading up to the race.
Over the past 5 years our Race Ambassador Team has been essential in the development and continued growth of the Marathon & miniMarathon. We encourage our Race Ambassadors to stay involved in the race, as well as other Kentucky Derby Festival events.
Learn More about Our Ambassador Program!
Race Ambassadors form a subcommittee that will serve as recruiting liaisons within the running and walking community of Kentucky and Southern Indiana.
• Race Ambassadors are selected for the program (for a one year term).
• Ambassador selection is based on an application explaining why they would be an important asset to the committee.
• Race Ambassadors report to a committee chair and be expected to attend Ambassador committee meetings and KDF Race events.
FORMER RACE AMBASSADORS: Please see the form below to express interest in volunteering with other Kentucky Derby Festival events.
We’re looking for upbeat, fun and encouraging ambassadors, who can maintain a positive attitude throughout the program!
• Must participate in area running/fitness activities, such as clubs, training programs, gym activities or similar events.
• Must Include “KDF Race Ambassador” in at least one social media bio
• Make a social media announcement if you are selected as a KDF Race Ambassador to encourage participation (Each ambassador will receive a discount code to share with followers for the entirety of the registration period).
• Must be willing to share video of yourself or be filmed for social media
• Train and participate in the Norton Sport Health Training Program (Must attend at least 2 runs).
• Must share regular training and race weekend photos on social media channels.
• Must at tend the four Ambassador meetings that will take place at 6:15pm at the Kentucky Derby Festival Offices (September Orientation, December, February, & May Wrap-up Meeting)
• Ambassadors are expected to wear KDF Race gear at local events and community activities to promote the race.
• Must be present & volunteer at one shift of the Race Expo & Packet Pick-up (April 23rd-24th) KY International Convention Center
• Ambassadors are expected to be well-versed in all aspects of the race course, including; Course Support (Waterstops & Scream Teams), Medical Stops, Registration periods, Race Morning Timeline, Packet Pick-up, Runner’s Reunite, Pace Team, Finish Line Protocol.
• Ambassadors are expected to distribute printed race materials at local gyms, and other businesses.
• You may be asked to share approved messaging from Kentucky Derby Festival about the race.
• Complimentary registration into the 2020 Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon/miniMarathon based on referrals.
• Official Race Ambassador merchandise.
• Biography, photo and email link on DerbyFestivalMarathon.com.
• Personal discount code offerings throughout the recruiting period.
• Other perks will be rewarded based on the Referral Rewards Program Levels
Are you a former Race Ambassador that wants to stay involved in the Marathon/miniMarathon and explore other events? Please fill out the form below!