2016 Race Ambassadors
Race Ambassadors will form a subcommittee that will serve as recruiting liaisons within the running and walking community of Kentucky and Southern Indiana.
• 15-18 Race Ambassadors will be selected for the program (for a one year term).
• Ambassador selection will be based on an application explaining why they would be an important asset to the committee.
• Race Ambassadors will report to a committee chair and be expected to attend Ambassador committee meetings and KDF Race events.
• Must participate in area running/fitness activities, such as clubs, training programs, gym activities or similar events.
• Must be outgoing, engaging and enthusiastic about fitness and healthy lifestyle choices.
• Must be willing to participate in the 2016 Norton Sports Health Training Program.
• Must promote the race via social media channels and be willing to communicate our messages appropriately, provided by the Kentucky Derby Festival.
• Individuals must be willing to wear KDF Race gear at local events and community activities to promote the race.
• Must be present and volunteer during at least one shift of the Race Expo & Packet Pick Up – April 28 – 29 at the Kentucky International Convention Center.
• Must be willing to distribute printed race materials in your community and at local gyms and other healthy lifestyle organizations.
• Must be well-versed in all aspects of the race course, including but not limited to: scream teams, water stops, first aid checkpoints, registration, race morning time line, packet pickup, runner’s reunite and finish line protocol.
• Complimentary registration into the 2016 Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon/miniMarathon based on referrals.
• Official Race Ambassador merchandise.
• Biography, photo and email link on DerbyFestivalMarathon.com.
• Personal discount code offerings throughout the recruiting period.
• Other perks will be rewarded based on the Referral Rewards Program Levels
If you are awarded Ambassador of the Year, you will receive:
• Guaranteed entry as an Ambassador for the 2017 Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon/miniMarathon.
• $100 voucher for a pair of running shoes.