2017 Race Ambassadors
Race Ambassadors will form a subcommittee that will serve as recruiting liaisons within the running and walking community of Kentucky and Southern Indiana.
• Race Ambassadors will be selected for the program (for a one year term).
• Ambassador selection will be based on an application explaining why they would be an important asset to the committee.
• Race Ambassadors will report to a committee chair and be expected to attend Ambassador committee meetings and KDF Race events.
FORMER RACE AMBASSADORS: Please see the form below to express interest in volunteering with other Kentucky Derby Festival events.
• Must participate in area running/fitness activities, such as clubs, training programs, gym activities or similar events.
• Must be outgoing, engaging and enthusiastic about fitness and healthy lifestyle choices.
• Must be willing to participate in the 2017 Norton Sports Health Training Program.
• Must promote the race via social media channels and be willing to communicate our messages appropriately, provided by the Kentucky Derby Festival.
• Individuals must be willing to wear KDF Race gear at local events and community activities to promote the race.
• Must be present and volunteer during at least one shift of the Race Expo & Packet Pick Up – April 27 & 28.
• Must be willing to distribute printed race materials in your community and at local gyms and other healthy lifestyle organizations.
• Must be well-versed in all aspects of the race course, including but not limited to: scream teams, water stops, first aid checkpoints, registration, race morning time line, packet pickup, runner’s reunite and finish line protocol.
• Complimentary registration into the 2017 Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon/miniMarathon based on referrals.
• Official Race Ambassador merchandise.
• Biography, photo and email link on DerbyFestivalMarathon.com.
• Personal discount code offerings throughout the recruiting period.
• Other perks will be rewarded based on the Referral Rewards Program Levels
If you are awarded Ambassador of the Year, you will receive:
• Guaranteed entry as an Ambassador for the 2018 Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon/miniMarathon.
• Additional prizes to be announced!
The Kentucky Derby Festival is seeking influential, runners and walkers of the Kentucky and Southern Indiana area to represent the 2017 Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon & miniMarathon as official Race Ambassadors. The Festival is looking for runners and walkers who are ready to be a part of an amazing team that is proactive in pushing a healthy lifestyle message to all local and regional groups and organizations. These Ambassadors will help KDF keep our runners and walkers informed, inspired and motivated during the months leading up to the race.
NOTE: All Applications MUST BE RECEIVED by Sunday, July 19th. NO EXCEPTIONS
Over the past 3 years our Race Ambassador committee has been essential in the development and continued growth of the Marathon & miniMarathon. We encourage our Race Ambassadors to stay involved in the race, as well as other Kentucky Derby Festival events!
Are you a former Race Ambassador that wants to stay involved in the Marathon/miniMarathon and explore other events? Please fill out the form above!