Be part of a Scream Team!
Race organizers are literally breaking out the bells and whistles with this crowd support promotion for the Kentucky Derby Festival’s road races. Organized cheering sections – known as “Scream Teams” – will be situated at various locations along the marathon route. Spectators will be provided with motivational devices to inspire the runners, including pompoms and kazoos. “Runners truly need all the support they can get,” said Shanna Ward, Derby Festival race director. “The goal is to create an energetic and enthusiastic crowds along the route to support the runners from all over the world. We encourage neighbors and nearby businesses to have their employees come out and support these dedicated athletes. It’s amazing what a little vocal ‘pat on the back’ can do for a faltering runner.”
- Chance to win Cash Prize for best spirited Scream Team
- Noise makers and spirit supplies provided by KDF
- Refreshments on site
- Group name listed on Derby Festival Marathon website and ‘Thank you’ ad in local newspaper
- Group signage may be displayed at your team location, as long as it does not interfere with the race
- Commemorative t-shirt for up to 20 participants
- Certificate of Participation with plaque included
To get involved or for more information, please email Shanna Ward at email@example.com.
Race Entertainment Chair
Hunter T. Graham
Race Entertainment Recruiter