Be part of a Scream Team!
Race organizers are literally breaking out the bells and whistles with this crowd support promotion for the Kentucky Derby Festival’s road races. Organized cheering sections – known as “Scream Teams” – will be situated at various locations along the marathon route. Spectators will be provided with motivational devices to inspire the runners, including pompoms and kazoos. “Runners truly need all the support they can get,” said Shanna Ward, Derby Festival race director. “The goal is to create an energetic and enthusiastic crowds along the route to support the runners from all over the world. We encourage neighbors and nearby businesses to have their employees come out and support these dedicated athletes. It’s amazing what a little vocal ‘pat on the back’ can do for a faltering runner.”
- All groups will be eligible to receive a donation towards your favorite charity
- Noise makers and spirit supplies provided by Derby Festival
- Group name listed on Derby Festival Marathon website and ‘Thank you’ ad in local newspaper
- Group signage may be displayed at your team location, as long as it does not interfere with the race
- Commemorative t-shirt for up to 20 participants
To get involved or for more information, please email email@example.com.