Registration Informationclick here to register
Registration for the 2019 Kentucky Derby Festival miniMarathon & Marathon Presented by Humana opens on September 12th at 9 a.m. EST! The largest annual day of road racing in Kentucky is set for Saturday, April 27, 2019.
The Festival is kicking off registration with 24 hours of deals which include: the lowest prices of the season, discounted VIP rates and deals on race gear. Plus, the Festival’s Race Referral Program returns, which could earn runners free registration for the 2019 event.
Said Shanna Ward, Race Director, “Runners looking for the best deals, will want to register during the first 24 hours. It will guarantee their spot in the 2019 race and get them the lowest rates for next year’s event.”
- Registration will open at $55 for the miniMarathon and $65 for the Marathon. Only a limited number of spots will be available at that price point. The price will increase throughout the first 24 hours as more people register.
- In those first 24 hours, runners will also have the opportunity to upgrade to the VIP Experience at a discounted rate. VIP returns in 2019 with express access to the Race Expo & Packet Pick-up; reserved parking at the Start/Finish Line; private restrooms and changing area at the Finish Line; VIP Finish Line Hospitality catered by ZEGGZ; complimentary runner recovery stretching; and unique photo opportunities. (Limited VIP tickets available.)
- Plus, the Derby Festival will offer a special deal on race gear at discounted prices (and limited quantities) that first 24 hours.
ALL registrations are non-refundable and non-deferrable.
For Marathon/miniMarathon related information email us.Registration GUARANTEED only to the first 15,000 runners.
The minimum age to participate in the Derby Festival Marathon is 16 and the miniMarathon is 12. Runners who are under the age of 18 will have to have a liability waiver signed by their legal guardian at packet pick-up.
Packet distribution will be held at Race Expo & Packet Pick-Up. Participants must present their confirmation e-mail along with a photo ID in order to receive their runner packet and goodie bag.
Take advantage of our new referral program powered by RunSignUp, and Earn Cash Back!
When you register, you will receive a special link to share on Facebook and Twitter. When five of your friends use that link to register you’ll get a $25 refund on the card you used to register for the race. This keeps on going until your registration fee has been refunded! (Note: Referral Refunds will be awarded only once you have reached 5, 10 and 15 referrals. Please allow 2 business weeks for processing. Maximum refund allowed is $75. The amount will be applied to the credit card on file with your RunSignUp account.)
Follow these easy steps to get started:
- Register www.derbyfestivalmarathon.com
- Grab your unique link from your RunSignUp Confirmation E-mail (it can be found under the Event Timeline)
- Start sharing! Take it to Social Media, E-mail, Text!
- You’ll get refunded as your friends register online through your unique link
- Referrals are good for Marathon and minimarathon runners
Once you register for a race, you will always have the opportunity to log into RunSignUp and view your registration. Also, before the race takes place, you may be able to edit certain aspects of your registration.
To view and/or edit your registration, begin by logging into your account, and go to your “Profile” page. On the “Profile” page, click the button for “My Registered Races”, and you will be brought to a listing of your race registration history. From here, you can find all of the registrations done through your account, and they will be separated by race, event, event date, and registrant. Next to each registrant, you will be able to click “View/Edit Registration”.
The “View/Edit Registration” page is where you need to go in order to resend the confirmation email, request a refund, transfer into another event, transfer your registration to another participant, create a fundraiser, and create/join a competitive running team.
Runners can transfer race categories within miniMarathon or Marathon along with the $20.00 transfer fee, participants can make the change by logging into your Run Sign Up with the user account you used to register.